LT GEN GAUTAM MOORTHY
1. Lt Gen Gautam Moorthy, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, ADC an alumnus of National Defence Academy and the Indian Military Academy was commissioned into the Army Ordnance Corps in June 1975. Having graduated from the Defence Services Staff College, he served as a Major in the Military Secretary’s Branch. Subsequently, he has the distinction of serving again in the MS Branch in the rank of a Colonel and Brigadier.
2. He has held instructional appointments both as a Major and as a Lt Col at the College of Materials Management, Jabalpur. After completing the Higher Command course at the Army War College in the year 2000 he was retained as part of the teaching faculty as Colonel General Staff (Faculty of Studies).
3. The General Officer commanded 33 Armoured Divisional Ordnance Unit and then, as a Brigadier, went on to command Central Ordnance Depot Jabalpur. A graduate of the National Defence College, Lt Gen Gautam Moorthy also served as Secretary, National Defence College, for two years from 2007 to 2009 before proceeding on promotion to HQ Southern Command as the Major General Army Ordnance Corps.
4. He also served as the Additional Director General of Ordnance (Combat Vehicles) from May 10 to July 11 at Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence (Army). The General Officer was elected as the Colonel Commandant of the Army Ordnance Corps in December 08. On promotion as Lt Gen he took over the reins of the Commandant, CMM Jabalpur in July 11 and then was appointed as the 22nd Director General Ordnance Services and Senior Colonel Commandant from 01 Aug 2012. For his contribution during this tenure, he was awarded the PVSM and the AVSM. He was also appointed as the Honorary ADC to the President of India. He superannuated from the Army on 30 May 2015.
5. He is a MSc in Defence Studies and he has two MPhils to his credit-one in Defence & Management Studies and the other in Defence & Strategic Studies. He is widely travelled having visited every state in India and 29 countries, including 12 in his official capacity.
6. The General was appointed as the Administrative Member of the Armed Forces Tribunal of the Kolkata Bench in March 2015. He finally superannuated in May 2019.